Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kensington K64562US Ultra ComboSaver Combination Notebook Computer Lock

Kensington K64562US Ultra ComboSaver Combination Notebook Computer Lock
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
The instructions have mostly pictures and I think this is inadequate. I thought that I might pass on my experience so others don't get as frustrated as I did. I bought two of these one for my docking station and one for my monitor. First one I set worked and I figured out how to use it I thought. But on the second one I had some problems. First thing to understand is that the button opposite the

T-Bar lock end pushes all the way in when the lock is OPEN (with the tumblers on the correct combination). If it is not on the correct combination it will not push all the way in. I had one tumbler on the second lock that swirled much easier and it got set one number off. Problem was I did not understand that pushing the button in is how you tell that it is unlocked. I called support but they just told me to return it to the store where I bought it. But he did mention that the button had to push all the way in. So I thought maybe that one loose tumbler moved. So, I moved that tumbler one number and tried to push the button and it worked. It had moved on number off. Also the Reset Tool will not work when you are not on the correct combination. Now I could insert the reset tool and move it, set the correct combination, use the reset tool to lock in. Now I had it working.



I did not like that one tumbler is too loose.



I do like the strength of the cable which is thicker than another Kensington I have with keys. But I think too thick to travel with.



I think the keys are much easier to use and less frustrating.



If I had to hook & unhook often I think I would prefer the keyed lock.



Obviously Kensington tried to cut down the instructions by doing only pictures with a bit of text. So on step 4 they could say the button should push ALL the WAY in when it is OPEN.



Watch out for loose tumblers!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Kensington K64562US Ultra ComboSaver Combination Notebook Computer Lock

If your computer is stolen, it's not just the computer that you may be missing. Theft or loss of a computer or data storage medium, make up 54% of all identity theft-related data breaches. Get the strongest theft deterrent with the ultimate combination notebook lock from Kensington, the leader in notebook security. Perfect for use in the office or on the road. An easy-to-use combination design, carbon tempered steel cable, and patented T-bar locking mechanism make this lock your first line of defense against notebook theft. Online registration makes it easy to retrieve lost combinations.



Buy NowGet 43% OFF

Click here for more information about Kensington K64562US Ultra ComboSaver Combination Notebook Computer Lock

No comments:

Post a Comment